Crouching Tiger, Hidden Momentum!?
So, I hadn’t gone to the gym until yesterday since last week! Ugh, I was not happy with myself. Could say I was too busy, but we all know there’s a little time in the day for a little workout. To make up for it, I had in reserve a workout that I captioned on Pinterest as “one workout I’ll assign myself if I’ve had a HORRIBLE week of not going to the gym.” This is for a reason. It is only about 30 minutes long, but it is intense and will make your whole body sore! I’m attaching also the ab routine I did (one round, 20 reps of each) before this crazy thing, and I followed up with the “Tank Top Arms” below. You ready?
Laura London Fitness
The only modification I did for this one was doing a Sprinter instead of the bicycle crunches. It engages so much of the core! And I mean, come on; 10 minute abs?? You’ll feel this tomorrow.
“Drunk in Sweat” Workout
Target areas: Legs, Arms, Back, Abs
Regimen style: Tabata (10 sec. rest, 50 sec. work), 2 parts, 3 rounds each part
Gym equipment: Optional. You can use resistance bands instead of the weight for the squats, and I did not use a Ugi ball, though I’m sure it would make the workout more intense. I did, however, use a box to jump on, but I bet you could use a chair just as easily. Please use your GymBoss Interval Timer.
Please watch the video. Click here to see the original post. Listed below the video are my notes of each exercise. If that’s not helpful to you, you can feel free to skip the breakdown and jump straight to the arms routine I followed (no video). As always, feel free to leave me a comment if you’ve tried this exercise, or if you have any suggestions for me. Thank you!!
You can start with two rounds of each part if you’re a beginner, or add more rounds if you are advanced. I did the three rounds like she suggested.
Breakdown of routine:
For Part 1, set your timer for 15 rounds of 10 sec. rest, 50 sec. work. There is no cardio in between workouts this time. Just push yourself for the full 50 seconds and use the 10 second rest to set yourself up for the next exercise!
Part 1 (repeat 3 times or as able)
- Ninja Box Jumps – These are very intense. For beginners, make sure you do NOT push yourself too hard on this. The impact on the knees is a little intense when you’re jumping from the ground.
- Belly Drop, Knee Tuck
- Jump Forward (touch), Back (touch), Up (touch)
- 10 High Knees, Drop Down, Power Up
- Ugi Plank Kicks – I did the modified version without the ball, and it is still just as intense!
Part 2 (repeat 3 times or as able)
- Weighted Squats – I used a 60 lb. barbell and it made my legs BURN. Make sure you’re doing a proper squat form and not just bending your knees. 🙂
- 2x Twisted Push Ups, 2x Plank Jumps – I ended up modifying to go on my knees by the second round. I’ll get there, though!
- Elbow Tuck Burpees – You can take out the push up if you need to.
- Crab Jumps – What the what?! This exercise took me pleasantly by surprise. 🙂
“Tank Top Arms” Workout (Found on Pinterest)