Time flies when you’re kicking butt!
This workout is about 27 minutes long, but I promise it goes by quicker than that! This is a sequel to another workout I’ve done of his, but you don’t need to see the first video to be caught up. 🙂 I only had time to do this one workout (this was Tuesday night–late posting today!), but boy do I still feel it in my core! Check it out!
Target ares: Total core engaged, Legs, Back
Regimen style: Pilates and Calisthenics
Gym equipment: None
Please watch the video. Listed below the video are my notes of each exercise. If that’s not helpful to you, you can feel free to just use the video. As always, please leave a comment if you’ve tried this workout, or if you have any suggestions for me. Thanks!
Breakdown of routine: (I did this real time)
- Knee Ups – about 20-30 reps
- Lunges with Torso Twist – 20 reps total
- Easy Burpees – 10 reps
- Flutter Kicks – 20 reps
- Ceiling Walk – 20 reps (OMG MY LEGS)
- Pendulum Swing – 10 reps
- Double Straight Leg Stretch -12 reps (No but seriously my legs were burning. Legs and abs. Oh my.)
- Crunching Frogs – 20 reps
- Superman military presses – 20 reps
- Swim (opposite arm/leg) – 10 seconds
- Turtle Pose – 20 reps
- Full Walk-outs – 10 reps (you will feel your core tighten in the full plank)
- “Swimming in a Circle” – 20 reps
- Wolf Pose – 10 reps per leg, 20 reps total
- Cross Over Half Boat – 10 reps
- Wolf with Add-on Hop – 10 reps per leg, 20 reps total. Be careful with this one and listen to your body. Don’t throw your back out!
- Cowboy Crunch – 20 reps
- The Wiggler – 20 reps (This works so well!)
- Bicycle Crunches – 30 reps
- Crunch with Optional Roll Over – 10 reps per leg. Just watch the video at 18:50 for how to do it. I didn’t do the roll over.
- Superman to Boat – 10 reps. Hold last boat pose for 10 seconds.
- 2 Minute Plank – Modify on your knees, but keep going! I could only do one minute before I had to modify. Butt is DOWN. I suggest doing this with him because what he says about a plank is really helpful. (23:10)
- BONUS: Revised Turtle Pose – Suspend yourself! This is crazy and you will hurt. But it feels wonderful. 🙂