Midnight in Anytime Fitness
This week, I started the Transformers: 30 Day Challenge that I told y’all about. Day 2 was much different than anything I’d done, so I’m going to let you see the Fushion workout I made stemming from that night at the gym.
“Summer Body Transformer Challenge: Day 2”
Target Areas: Arms, Triceps, Abs, Legs
Regimen Style: Circuit Training (NEW)
Gym Equipment: Moderate. He uses a dip station and a sandbag, which we don’t use. You can do this without equipment, but you’d have to get pretty creative. Try two high chairs for your dip station, heavy backpacks for your weight, and the edge of a sturdy table for your pull-ups.
Please watch the video. Click here to see the original post on Pinterest. Listed below the video are my notes of each exercise. If that’s not helpful to you, you can feel free to skip to the next part of the Fushion workout. As always, feel free to leave me a comment if you’ve tried this workout, or if you have any suggestions for me. Thank you!!
Breakdown of routine:
Set your GymBoss timer for 3 rounds of 4 minutes work, 40 seconds rest.
- First Round: 10 (weighted) switch lunges AND 10 staggered pushups (or whatever kind of pushup you can do). Repeat until 4 minutes are complete.
- Second Round: 10 spiderman planks/reptiles/knee to elbow AND 10 pull-ups. Repeat until 4 minutes are complete.
- Third Round: 10 Kick Out & knee up/plank burpee with knee up AND 10 star planks. Note: the first exercise is going to take MUCH longer. Make your motions controlled and just push through.
Cardio: Bicycle for 10 minutes
Like you need cardio at this point! But I was in a mood to keep my heart rate up, so I went for it. We went to the gym around midnight, so I didn’t do it for too long, but it was just enough to get me ready for the next part of this Fushion workout. Do any cardio you’d like!
My friend Stephanie helped me figure out this routine. I made some adjustments for my time constraints (only did what’s in bold), but it hits most areas of your arms: shoulders, back, triceps, biceps.
For lean muscles: do 3 sets of 20 reps for all exercises with a low weight.
For strength building: do 3 sets of 12, 15, and 20 reps (respectively) for all exercises with a weight that challenges you [or you can start with a lower weight the first set (20 reps), a medium weight the second (15 reps), and a very heavy weight the third (12 reps)]
- Tricep kick-backs, palm facing up, on flat bench
- Alternating static bicep curls
- Dumbbell shoulder press
- Skullcrusher or overhead tricep extension
- Concentration bicep curl
- Lateral raise
- Tricep rope
- Upright row
- Shoulder fly
- 10 pushups
- 5 assisted pull-ups (using the machine)
That’s it! Long-winded this week, but there’s a lot to cover. I might post a video of these exercises soon so you can see what I’m working with. 🙂